Example of a vacancy
(Open to candidates from Southern Africa)
- Shape MISA’s digital strategy and ensure that it is represented and extends across a range of social networking sites;
- Develop all social media channels, generating original content and ensuring SEO maximisation.
- Write, edit and copy edit original content for web pages, social media and MISA publications;
- Write and edit a MISA blog, working with staff and outside contributors as needed;
- Strong publication management skills (online and hard copy)
- Plan, create and manage production and distribution of MISA email newsletters and diversify MISA’s audiences;
- Contribute to the management of journalists and partner contacts lists and other databases;
- Help monitor and maintain online communities;
- Manage production of media products, including podcasts and slideshows;
- Participate and contribute to communications strategic planning; advise on new communication opportunities;
- Ensure effective cross promotion of the MISA brand and create e-products ensuring content is always on-brand and appropriate;
- Create ideas for branded apps;
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution and minimum five years experience and/or training;
- Knowledge in web design, understanding of the internet, plus the ability to rapidly absorb and apply new technical information;
- Experience in SEO-based writing, managing social profiles such as Facebook and Twitter. Demonstrable experience of writing for the web is essential as is the ability to manage varying workloads to sometimes, quite tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluency in Portuguese will be a definite plus
A competitive remuneration package will be offered, commensurate with skills and experience. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by a covering letter, a detailed C.V. containing the names and contact details of three referees and a copy of your highest qualification.
Applications should be addressed to the Regional Manager: Finance and Administration and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to +264 61 248016 by latest 21 June 2013. No late applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will receive further correspondence.